Originally posted by kinger44:
After that they get 2 per month till they get their quota - think he said 15-20.
If he said he's getting that many he's either lying or he doesn't know what he's talking about.
I have followed the whole process on the Shelby's for many months. I've had a deposit down since last year and an agreement for MSRP. I stopped in this week at the dealer for a chat with the dealer GM, not a salesman. It will prob be sometime next spring before I see mine and I'm third on the list at a full line SVT dealer.
Ford has opened up the Shelby to ANY Ford dealer that has certifed to sell the car and pais a $1500 fee. SVT reports that 3800 or so dealers signed up. That takes a big chunk out of the 7700 cars to be built.
Here's the breakdown on how they will allocate in order.
1. Powerlease owners (245) these guys signed a deal when they leased left over 2004 Cobra's to get the 1st Sheby's.
2. President's Award winners (1 car to each)
3. Full line SVT dealers 1st car (647 dealers)
4. SVT Focus only dealers 1st car (255? dealers)
5. Certified regular dealers (3800+ dealers)
6. Full line SVT dealers 2nd car
7. SVT Focus dealers 2nd car
8. Full line SVT dealers 3rd car
9. Mustang share of the nation. Any leftover cars go here. The remain Shelby's will dividing among all the dealers with the larger dealers of regular Mustangs getting the most.
In any case I can't see ANY dealer getting more than 10-12 just because Ford opened it up to all 3800+ dealers that were willing to get certifed. Certifcation is one salesman and one servoice tech taking a test and also the dealer buying a couple of special tools for the Shelby.
These dealers will be the ones where the markups are through the roof. They will only get one car and they will figure they can get some fool to pay it.
But, on the positve side, the bottom has fallen out of the eBay market for them them lately. There are 4 on there right now with the reserve not met on any of them. There haven't been many high bids since Ford said they will make 7700 cars and are thinking about 9000. It was crazy there for a little while.
557 BBF Powered, alcohol injected rear engine dragster. 4.88 @ 143 1/8 mile. 1.09 60'. I've got to be crazy to drive this thing.
[This message has been edited by Dave_C (edited 06-15-2006).]