I don't know of a site, but a few tips...
1) Grind in the direction of the grain, not across rod. ex., big end to little end.
2) it is a lot of work with hand tools such as a die grinder. A burr works better than a stone.
3) use old rod bolts to protect the mounting pad for the bolt.
4) grind off only enought to get the casting off and smooth.
5) lastly, make sure you re-balance the rods and your rotating assembly.
I did a set once and it was a lot of work. Do I think it helped? Not a bit since I was turning under 7000.
Have fun, it is something that will keep you busy during the winter months.