Brought to you in part by:


Shop Eastwood for your Auto Restoration Needs!

  Mustangsandmore Forums
  '64 1/2 to '73 -- The Classic Mustang
  Drip Rail Problems

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Drip Rail Problems

Posts: 13
From: Ocean Springs, Ms., USA
Registered: May 2002

posted 05-23-2002 04:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for 68Thunder   Click Here to Email 68Thunder     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have a 68 Fastback that I am trying to get ready to paint, my queston is what did Ford put in the space between the drip rail and body? Looks like sme kind of soft/hard filler. Any body know what the best stuff is to put in it to fill the imperfections? Trying to get my car ready for Crusin the Coast in Oct. And what is the best way to get tose drip rails OFF.....
Thanks Guys

IP: Logged


Posts: 18183
From: Hampton,Virginia,USA MCA#39406 M&M #12
Registered: May 99

posted 05-23-2002 06:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mustangs68   Click Here to Email mustangs68     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I think we covered this before somewhere and for the life of me I don't remember the reply(ies)..suggest a search of the threads if you haven't done one or someone with a better memory will be by soon..getting old...heck I forget...oh yeas..suxs!

IP: Logged


Posts: 5739
From: So. Fl.
Registered: Aug 2000

posted 05-23-2002 06:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mellowyellow     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Steve might know. We did cover it within the last couple weeks. Someone posted areply as to what the stuff was. I think that Simon started the thread.

IP: Logged


Posts: 5950
From: Antelope, CA
Registered: Jun 99

posted 05-23-2002 06:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for I65Stang   Click Here to Email I65Stang     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The stuff I was recommended to use and did use was 3M Drip-Check sealer. If you are talking about getting the chrome off, there is a tool to do it or you can get one of the cheap bottle openers and wrap the blunt end with electrical tape and slow pry along it.


M&M Member #35
1965 Mustang coupe, 200 I6, Holley 2300, Clifford header, true duals w/ 26" Smithys
1988 Mustang GT AOD vert, 15.810 @ 88.871 mph 100% stock w/ no traction
1976 Silverline Comoro 18' trihull ski boat, 188 hp 302 I/O, another toy

[This message has been edited by I65Stang (edited 05-23-2002).]

IP: Logged

Dave Gibson

Posts: 7549
From: Norfolk, Virginia, USA M&M#166 MCA#47921
Registered: Aug 99

posted 05-23-2002 08:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Gibson   Click Here to Email Dave Gibson     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
You got it. Now if you could just give us the winning lotto numbers,

If you can't get the tool to remove the drip rails, use an old bottle openers, a small block of wood and some electrical tape. You will have to take your time and start at one end of the rail and slowly work your way to the other end. It is a pita, but it can be done.

Dave & Terri

Poison Ivy (Dave's)
'65 Fastback Modified 289 4V, C-4, dual exhaust, styled steel wheels, rally pac, A/C
Blue Belle (Terri's)
'66 Coupe, Silver Blue Metallic, 351W 2-V, 4 speed, A/C, "For Sale"

IP: Logged


Posts: 1746
From: Sucat, Paranaque, Philippines
Registered: Jul 99

posted 05-24-2002 07:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback68   Click Here to Email Fastback68     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Yeah, here's the thread Mellow's referring to ..

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Mustangsandmore Front Page

Copyright 2003, Steve LaRiviere. All Rights Reserved.

Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47d

Amazon Honor System Click Here to Pay Learn More

[Acronyms][Calendar][Chat][Classifieds] [Members' Pics]

[ Bookstore] [ T-Shirts][Tech Articles]