This project is hopefully going to get done this weekend. I'm preparing a checklist and was hoping you guys can QA it for me. I plan on replacing my current C4 automatic with a used Dynamic Street/Strip C4.
The person I bought it from says it didn't leak when he removed it but recommended I replace seals anyway since it was off the car. This is what I did last weekend.
1. Replaced rear tailshaft seal
2. Replaced Vaccuum Modulator (I compared the old one to the new one and the screw adjuster was screwed in about 2 full turns so I did the same to the new one. Is this OK?)
3. Replaced filter (gasket will be put on after the transmission has been mounted.)
4. Cleaned transmission case
5. I thought about replacing front pump seal, but i'm not sure how to drive the new one in with the input shaft in the way. I don't really want to take the transmission apart.
Below is the other things I need to do during or prior to installation. Please let me know if I missed something.
1. Replace O-ring on dipstick tube
2. Buy new transmission lines
3. Buy tranmission cooler
Anything else that I've missed?
I bought a TCI torque converter 26-spline(2000RPM stall) for this C4 (since my stock C4 is an older '66 with a 24 spline). To my knowledge the engine is fairly stock so I'm hoping this stall speed is OK.
Please let me know if I missed anything. Also, is it possible to replace the front pump seal with the input shaft in the way? The only way I can think of replacing this seal is using a steel tube with the same diameter as the seal.
Thanks in advance.
1966 Ford Mustang / 289 / C4